What is Etsy?
As you have already known, Etsy is a marketplace where people sell handmade and customize items like crafts, clothing, jewelry, home decor, gifts, art, etc. But if you don’t want to make items and still want to earn money with Etsy, you can make money with Etsy affiliate program. This way, you can make money without actually becoming an Etsy seller. In Q2 of 2020 alone, there are 60.27 million buyers on Etsy!
How to become an Etsy affiliate?
The Etsy affiliate program is run by affiliate network Awin. The AWIN affiliate network, however, charge you $5 to sign up as an affiliate. Awin claimed that this is to prevent less serious people / bloggers from applying. Once you have applied for the AWIN Affiliate Network and got their approval, you can apply for the Etsy Affiliate Program. It usually takes a few days to get accepted.
Note: There is a partner program for each country, but you only need to apply for your specific country program. Commissions are rewarded regardless of the country in which the sale was made.
Etsy affiliate program requirements?
- You must have a website
- You must have an good amount of content on your site.
You can find a lot of information about affiliate programs by selecting a program in a particular country. If you want to join the program, click “Join the program”. You must specify a website to promotes Etsy.
Etsy affiliate commission rate
Some of you may ask how much you can earn as an Etsy affiliate partner. Well, it is entirely up to you. If you send someone to Etsy through your affiliate link, you will receive a 4% commission on everything they buy during that time, not just the item you referred. Once you have joined the program, you can create affiliate links and start making money from each sale you specify.
This is how much you can earn:
- Standard publisher rate 4%
- User Generated Content: 2%
- Cashback/Loyalty (evaluated on an individual basis): 2% Note: they are often not accepted.
- Cookie duration: last 30 days.
Policies and rules for the Etsy affiliate program
There are a few rules for affiliates you must know so you don’t get banned by Etsy:
- Etsy sellers are not eligible to earn commission for their own products (or products from shops you ( ” are closely related to”). However, you can be an Etsy seller and also promote others’ products.
- Don’t Link Directly to Etsy Listings on Pinterest. Affiliates may only post affiliate links on social media feeds they operate in line with their website URL, such as Instagram, Facebook, or Twitter. Affiliate links are prohibited on some social sharing sites, such as Pinterest and Tumblr. If you use Pinterest to promote affiliate links, send them to your blog post (first) that includes the affiliate links within the post itself.
- “Pop-ups” and “pop-unders” are not allowed.
For all requirements, check out this.
If you have a blog in the clothing, fashion, home or handmade niche, then the Etsy affiliate program will be a great affiliate network for you to earn commission. If you are already promoting Amazon affiliate products and have experience with affiliate marketing, then this is a good chance for you to earn more money and diversify your source of incomes.